How long has it been since the last time you looked for more competitive Porsche Boxster insurance in Baltimore? Trying to find cheaper Porsche Boxster insurance in Baltimore can be challenging for people new to buying insurance online. Drivers have so many options available that it can easily become a real difficult job to compare prices in Maryland on Porsche Boxster insurance.
Sadly, most drivers in Maryland have bought auto insurance from the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Drivers in America could save roughly 46.5% every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they won't spend time to do a rate comparison.
If you have insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using the following tips. These techniques will teach you the best ways to compare prices and some tips to save money. But Maryland vehicle owners can benefit from knowing how big insurance companies calculate your car insurance rates because rates fluctuate considerably.
Buy More Affordable Car Insurance with These Tips
Many things are used when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but others are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
- Keep premiums low by being claim-free - If you frequently file small claims, don't be surprised to see increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies in Maryland award better rates to people who do not file claims often. Your insurance policy is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Save money by having good credit - Credit rating factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Drivers who have excellent credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit history can be improved, you may save money insuring your Porsche Boxster if you improve your credit rating.
- Low deductibles mean high rates - Your deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Physical damage protection, also called 'full coverage', covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and damage from wind. The more of the claim you're willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Cars with good safety ratings lower prices - Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies which can mean better rates for you.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher premiums - Having a lapse in insurance coverage can be a fast way to increase your car insurance rates. Not only will you pay more, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Maryland DMV.
- Your car's features help determine rates - Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop car theft.
- Older drivers pay less - Drivers with little experience tend to be less responsible behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. Parents adding a inexperienced driver onto a policy can be very expensive. Older people are viewed as being more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Costs are impacted by vehicle performance - The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you own makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. The cheapest rates tend to be for the lowest performance passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Since the Porsche Boxster falls in the luxury sports car class, insuring your vehicle will cost up to twice as much compared to average rates in Baltimore.
- Porsche Boxster statistical loss data - Insurance companies factor in historical loss data to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Models that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The table below shows the collected loss data for Porsche Boxster vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are 100 or greater indicate frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Porsche Boxster Models
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Porsche Boxster Convertible 135 47 121 31
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Just keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes gives you a better chance of getting the best rates. Not every company does Baltimore Boxster insurance quotes over the internet, so it's important to compare quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Baltimore, MD. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Boxster 2-Dr Convertible||$314||$666||$418||$24||$126||$1,548||$129|
|Boxster S 2-Dr Convertible||$374||$796||$362||$22||$108||$1,662||$139|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in zip code location which can increase or decrease insurance rates noticeably.
The example below demonstrates how deductible levels and can influence Porsche Boxster insurance prices for each age group. The costs are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by age and gender
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Porsche Boxster insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Careless driving habits raise Baltimore auto insurance rates
The diagram below highlights how speeding tickets and fender-benders can drive up Porsche Boxster insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance in Maryland serves several purposes
Despite the potentially high cost of Porsche Boxster insurance, buying insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Boxster has a lienholder, almost all lenders will force you to carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Porsche at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Porsche and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so you should quote rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Cheaper Baltimore auto insurance rates with discounts
Some providers don't always advertise every discount they offer very clearly, so the following list contains some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- 55 and Retired - Older drivers can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Sign Early and Save - A few companies allow discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy Baltimore car insurance online.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a deployed family member could mean lower premium rates.
- Pay Early and Save - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
Insurance companies that possibly offer some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
If you want low cost Baltimore car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in your state. If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Baltimore, click here to view.
Neighborhood agents and car insurance
Some people just want to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from local agencies is important particularly in Baltimore.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to companies in Baltimore who will return price quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Exclusive and independent Baltimore auto insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a local agent, it's helpful to know the different types of agencies that you can select. Baltimore agents are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rates, you will want to compare prices from multiple independent agents for the best price selection. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Baltimore that may be able to give free rate quotes.
- Rosasco and Yetter Insurance Agency
8831 Satyr Hill Rd #302 - Baltimore, MD 21234 - (410) 661-1440 - View Map
- Austen's Insurance Inc
3407 Eastern Blvd - Baltimore, MD 21220 - (410) 686-4700 - View Map
- Luray Insurance of Baltimore
1726 Reisterstown Rd #220 - Baltimore, MD 21208 - (410) 602-2636 - View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company like Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are well trained on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Baltimore that can give you price quotes.
- Aja Green - State Farm Insurance Agent
7635 Belair Rd - Baltimore, MD 21236 - (410) 882-9433 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Bennett-Carll Insurance Agency
7435 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd - Glen Burnie, MD 21061 - (410) 760-6651 - View Map
- John C Bugg III - State Farm Insurance Agent
6711 Belair Rd - Baltimore, MD 21206 - (410) 661-4949 - View Map
Finding a good insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- If they are an independent agency in Baltimore, which companies do they recommend?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
Cheap coverage is out there
We just showed you a lot of information how to lower your Porsche Boxster insurance prices in Baltimore. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Baltimore car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Discount Porsche Boxster insurance in Baltimore can be sourced from both online companies in addition to many Baltimore insurance agents, so you need to quote Baltimore car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and these smaller providers sell through local independent agencies.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like poor customer service, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions and being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is actually quite simple.