How long has it been since you shopped around for low-cost car insurance rates in Baltimore, MD? Baltimore shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for low-cost Mitsubishi Mirage insurance. They can either spend hours driving around to compare prices or save time using the internet to compare rates. There are both good and bad ways to compare car insurance rates and we'll show you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes on a Mitsubishi and locate the lowest price either online or from Baltimore insurance agents.
A study showed that almost 70% of insureds kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Consumers in Baltimore could save an average of up to $800 each year by just comparing quotes, but they don't want to take the time to shop their coverage around.
The best way we recommend to get rate comparisons for Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Baltimore is to know almost all companies actually pay money for the chance to provide you with free rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide a little information such as if the car is leased, your occupation, how much school you completed, and how many miles driven. That rating information gets sent immediately to many different companies and you will get price comparisons quickly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Baltimore, MD. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Slash rates with these discounts on Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Baltimore
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you can get discounts that you may not even know about. Most are applied when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Own a Home and Save - Being a homeowner can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Organization Discounts - Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Baltimore could earn you a nice discount on auto insurance.
- Driver Training Discounts - Participating in a defensive driver course may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Claim Free - Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on Baltimore auto insurance quote when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Government Employee Discount - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Baltimore auto insurance but check with your company.
- Paperless Signup - A handful of auto insurance companies give back up to $50 simply for signing on the web.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Baltimore auto insurance quote.
It's important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, that's just not realistic.
Auto insurance companies that possibly offer these discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent to give you their best rates. Savings may not apply to policies in Baltimore. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer free Mitsubishi Mirage insurance quotes in Maryland, follow this link.
Get rate quotes but still have a local Baltimore insurance agent
A lot of people still prefer to have an agent's advice and that is just fine! Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find cheap auto insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to drive around since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you wish to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good company shouldn't rely on just a cheap price quote. Any good agent in Baltimore should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Maryland?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Baltimore?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Baltimore for you
When looking for local Baltimore agents, it's important to understand the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Baltimore agents are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it's worth mentioning the subtle differences because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Baltimore willing to provide rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Kent Schwab
401 Jefferson Ave - Towson, MD 21286 - (410) 433-4700 - View Map
- Nathan Scholze - State Farm Insurance Agent
101 St Helena Ave - Baltimore, MD 21222 - (410) 288-4120 - View Map
- Vince Vanneman - State Farm Insurance Agent
1055 Taylor Ave Ste 112 - Baltimore, MD 21286 - (410) 321-0101 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with smaller companies who may have lower rates.
The following are independent agents in Baltimore that are able to give rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Frank Dippel Agency Inc
6600 York Rd Ste 207 - Baltimore, MD 21212 - (410) 435-4354 - View Map
- Rosasco and Yetter Insurance Agency
8831 Satyr Hill Rd #302 - Baltimore, MD 21234 - (410) 661-1440 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Rodgers Insurance Agency Inc
6800 Holabird Ave a - Baltimore, MD 21222 - (410) 282-1379 - View Map
After getting good answers to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles.
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a "perfect" insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
How do Insurers Determine Mitsubishi Mirage Insurance Premiums?
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the factors that help calculate the price you pay for insurance. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in lower insurance prices.
- Long commutes cost more - The higher the miles on your Mitsubishi in a year's time the higher the price you pay to insure it. The majority of insurers calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that do not get driven very much receive better premium rates than those that get driven frequently. Double check that your insurance policy is rated on annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having the wrong rating on your Mirage can cost quite a bit.
- More policies can equal more savings - Most larger insurers will award better rates to people who consolidate policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you're getting this discount consumers should still check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal. It's possible to still save more without the discount by buying insurance from a different company.
- Frequent insurance claims will cost more - Auto insurance companies in Maryland generally give most affordable rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. If you file a lot of claims you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Cut insurance rates and deter theft - Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Getting married can save you money - Walking down the aisle may cut your premiums when buying insurance. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Safety ratings are a factor - Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer serious injuries means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your Mitsubishi Mirage scored at minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Where you live is a factor - Residing in a rural area can save you money when talking about insurance. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to fewer liability claims. Residents of big cities tend to have much more traffic and much longer commute distances. More time behind the wheel means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Lower rates with continuous coverage - Having an insurance coverage lapse is a sure-fire way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines and jail time.
- Insurance loss data for Mitsubishi Mirage vehicles - Auto insurance companies analyze historical claim data to help determine prices. Vehicles that have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for coverage. The information below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Mitsubishi Mirage vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probablilty for all vehiclescombined as an average is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Mitsubishi Mirage Insurance Claim Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mitsubishi Mirage 135 108 119 215 242 159
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Here's why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Baltimore, insurance is mandatory in Maryland but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it's most likely the lender will stipulate that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mitsubishi for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Mirage are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $865 each year so we recommend shopping around every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Frequent quotes can save
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Baltimore. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Baltimore auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
Discount Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Baltimore can be bought both online in addition to many Baltimore insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, questionable increases in premium, policy non-renewal or even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)