Cutting costs on Hyundai Sonata insurance in Baltimore is always quite difficult for people new to quoting and comparing prices online. Consumers have so many choices that it can easily become a difficult situation to find better prices on Hyundai Sonata insurance.
Regrettably, the majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates with other companies. Many consumers in Maryland could cut their rates by roughly 55% a year just by shopping around, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to compare rate quotes.
You need to do price comparisons as often as possible because prices change quite often. Just because you found the lowest rates on Hyundai Sonata insurance in Baltimore a few years ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you're about to find out the fastest way to buy cheaper Hyundai Sonata insurance in Baltimore.
To find low cost Baltimore auto insurance quotes, there are several ways of comparing rates from all the different companies. The simplest method to do a complete rate comparison involves getting comparison quotes online.
Just keep in mind that quoting more helps you find a better price.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Maryland. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$232||$392||$472||$28||$142||$1,266||$106|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$244||$482||$596||$36||$178||$1,536||$128|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$270||$544||$518||$30||$156||$1,518||$127|
|Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$398||$744||$602||$36||$180||$1,960||$163|
|Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$190||$450||$556||$32||$166||$1,394||$116|
|Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$188||$384||$518||$30||$156||$1,276||$106|
|Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$168||$326||$432||$26||$130||$1,082||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in specific zip code location which can influence auto insurance rates substantially.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper Baltimore auto insurance rates
The information below illustrates how violations and at-fault accidents raise Hyundai Sonata car insurance costs for each age group. The data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Gender differences in auto insurance premiums
The chart below illustrates the difference between Hyundai Sonata auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Hyundai Sonata auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The information is based on no accidents or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no set guideline for phasing out physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's say your Hyundai Sonata book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $800 annually for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Hyundai Sonata insurance in Baltimore
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might be missing out on some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but a few need to be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with one insurance company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Theft Prevention System - Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- No Accidents - Good drivers with no accidents pay less as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Professional Organizations - Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- Buy New and Save - Buying a new car instead of a used Sonata is cheaper since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Safety Course Discount - Passing a course teaching defensive driver skills could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that it's possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
If you would like to see a list of companies who offer online Hyundai Sonata insurance quotes in Maryland, follow this link.
Why Informed Consumers Pay Less for Hyundai Sonata Insurance
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better insurance rates. Lots of factors are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but some are less obvious like where you live or how financially stable you are.
The factors shown below are some of the major factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts - Many companies apply lower prices to policyholders who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, it's still a good idea to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Never allow your policy to lapse - Driving without insurance is not a good idea and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage lapse. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums - Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have lower insurance rates. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Excellent credit means lower costs - A driver's credit score can be an important factor in determining what you pay. If your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Hyundai Sonata by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Hyundai Sonata claim statistics - Insurance companies analyze historical claim data when setting premium rates. Vehicles that have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for specific coverages. The table below shows the historical loss data for Hyundai Sonata vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Values under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more losses or larger claims.
Hyundai Sonata Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Sonata 129 88 101 138 149 110 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 142 116 119 124 138 121
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare prices but work with a local Baltimore insurance agent
A small number of people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
Upon completion of this simple form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking an insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Baltimore?
- Does their agency support local causes in Baltimore?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Baltimore?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
When finding a reliable insurance agency, you should know the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Baltimore can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Baltimore who can help you get comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Scott Garvey
3818 Roland Ave - Baltimore, MD 21211 - (410) 889-5840 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Charles Connolly
6719 York Rd - Baltimore, MD 21212 - (443) 863-7733 - View Map
- Valerie Cherry - State Farm Insurance Agent
6800 York Road - Baltimore, MD 21212 - (410) 435-6600 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations so they can write business with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you will definitely want to contact a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with different regional companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Baltimore that are able to give price quote information.
- Austen's Insurance Inc
3407 Eastern Blvd - Baltimore, MD 21220 - (410) 686-4700 - View Map
- Ugele Insurance
408 E 25th St - Baltimore, MD 21218 - (410) 366-6566 - View Map
- Rosasco and Yetter Insurance Agency
8831 Satyr Hill Rd #302 - Baltimore, MD 21234 - (410) 661-1440 - View Map
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's situation is unique and your car insurance should unique, too. For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Cheap rates are available
Budget-friendly car insurance in Baltimore is available on the web and with local Baltimore insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not offer price quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to reduce Hyundai Sonata insurance premium rates online in Baltimore. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Baltimore auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting affordable Baltimore auto insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
When buying insurance coverage, it's not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Even more information can be found in these articles: