Finding low cost prices for Ford Focus insurance in Baltimore can seem to be frustrating for drivers who are beginners to shopping for insurance online. Consumers have so many different companies and agents to choose from that it can quickly become more work than you anticipated to find more affordable prices on Ford Focus insurance.
Inconceivable but true, most insurance policyholders in Maryland have purchased from the same company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. The average driver in the United States could pocket $850 a year just by comparing rates, but they don't know the benefits if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Our goal in writing this article instruct you on how to get online quotes and how to save the most money. If you are already insured, you should be able to shop for the lowest rates using the techniques presented in this article. But Maryland vehicle owners do need to understand how big insurance companies calculate your insurance rates and apply this information to your search.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that quoting more increases the chance that you will find a better price. Not every company does Baltimore Focus insurance quotes over the internet, so it's important to compare price quotes from them as well.
The providers in the list below offer quotes in Baltimore, MD. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$164||$326||$414||$24||$124||$1,052||$88|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$214||$482||$528||$32||$158||$1,414||$118|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$188||$482||$548||$32||$164||$1,414||$118|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$202||$462||$418||$24||$126||$1,232||$103|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$300||$728||$518||$30||$156||$1,732||$144|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$216||$482||$620||$36||$186||$1,540||$128|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in garaging location in Baltimore which can impact rates noticeably.
Full coverage or liability only
The illustration below examines Ford Focus insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no definitive guideline of when to phase out physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Ford Focus replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $800 a year for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Physical damage deductibles
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Ford Focus yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The rates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
How careless driving impacts Baltimore auto insurance rates
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and accidents can increase Ford Focus car insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The prices are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Affordable rates on Ford Focus insurance in Baltimore with these discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but you may qualify for discounts to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but a few need to be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Auto/Life Discount - Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted auto insurance rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- No Accidents - Baltimore drivers who stay claim-free get the best auto insurance rates in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Baltimore auto insurance quote.
- Active Military Service - Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better premium rates.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like it's possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies with the best discounts in Maryland, click this link.
Reduce Insurance Rates with These Tips
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although some other factors are less obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
- Protect yourself with liability insurance - The liability coverage on your policy will afford coverage if ever a court rules you are at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Don't abuse insurance claims - If you file claims often, you can look forward to higher rates. Companies in Maryland generally give most affordable rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Getting married is a good thing - Getting married can get you a discount on insurance. It means you're more stable financially and it's statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Driver age impacts costs - Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.Young drivers are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends so insurance rates are higher.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? - Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Policy add-ons add up - There are a ton of additional coverages that can add up if you don't pay attention. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and membership fees could be just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Ford Focus insurance loss data - Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle when determining insurance costs. Models that are shown to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher premium rate.
The information below illustrates the loss history for Ford Focus vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, equals 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendancy to have larger claims.
Ford Focus Insurance Loss Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Focus 106 98 90 103 109 111 Ford Focus Electric 87 85 66
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance quotes from local neighborhood Baltimore car insurance agents
A small number of people prefer to have an agent's advice and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about comparing car insurance online is you can get lower rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting local agencies is still important in Baltimore.
Once you complete this short form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Baltimore who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. You won't need to find an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to you. It's the lowest rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
The difference between Baltimore car insurance agents
If you are searching for a reliable agent, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents to choose from. Agents in Baltimore are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to do anything. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we highly recommend that you contact several independent agencies to get the best comparison. A lot of them also have access to smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Baltimore who may provide free car insurance rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Robert Frank Stastny
6822 Harford Rd - Baltimore, MD 21234 - (410) 254-1500 - View Map
- Baltimore Insurance Network
11 E Lexington St - Baltimore, MD 21202 - (443) 869-6424 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Bruce Cohee Agency Inc
502 Baltimore Ave - Towson, MD 21204 - (410) 823-8777 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. They are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some insured continue to choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Baltimore who can help you get price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - Charles Connolly
6719 York Rd - Baltimore, MD 21212 - (443) 863-7733 - View Map
- John C Bugg III - State Farm Insurance Agent
6711 Belair Rd - Baltimore, MD 21206 - (410) 661-4949 - View Map
- Frank Insley - State Farm Insurance Agent
9652 Belair Rd - Baltimore, MD 21236 - (410) 256-5600 - View Map
Choosing an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Is there a local claims center in Baltimore?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Baltimore?
Don't assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you and your insurance should be unique as well. For instance, these questions can help discover if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- What policy terms are available?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
If you're not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Don't give up on cheaper rates
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to compare Ford Focus insurance premium rates in Baltimore. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with an unexpected company. These companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don't skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where someone dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn't purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles: