Are you tired of trying to find low-cost Buick Regal insurance in Baltimore? No sane person enjoys paying for car insurance, especially knowing the cost is too high.
Unbelievably, a large majority of consumers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. With the average car insurance premium being $1,494, Maryland drivers could save about $750 every year, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they switched. You have multiple car insurance companies to pick from, and although it's a good thing to be able to choose, having more auto insurance companies makes it harder to adequately compare rates for Buick Regal insurance in Baltimore.
Finding quotes for the best-priced car insurance in Baltimore is quite easy. If you are already insured or need new coverage, you can use these techniques to get lower rates without sacrificing coverage. Drivers just have to understand the quickest way to buy car insurance on the web.
The Buick Regal Insurance Cost Equation
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that aid in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
The list below includes a few of the "ingredients" car insurance companies consider when setting prices.
Theft deterrents systems cut premiums - Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder car theft.
Frequent insurance claims increase car insurance rates - If you are a frequent claim filer, don't be surprised to see higher rates. Insurance companies in Maryland provide most affordable rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
Rates can drop if you have more than one policy - Many companies apply a discount to clients that buy multiple policies. It's known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten percent or more. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to comparison shop to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Low stress vocation equals lower rates - Occupations such as real estate brokers, social workers and accountants tend to have higher average rates in part from job stress and long work hours. Conversely, occupations such as actors, historians and retirees pay the least.
Marriage discount - Walking down the aisle can actually save you money when shopping for car insurance. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are less irresponsible and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Claims statistics for a Buick Regal - Auto insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that tend to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more to insure.
The table below outlines the historical insurance loss data for Buick Regal vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendancy for claims to be larger.
Buick Regal Insurance Loss Statistics
|Specific Buick Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Buick Regal 2WD||96||92||82||104||94||97|
|Buick Regal 4WD||113||87|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
The following companies are ready to provide free quotes in Baltimore, MD. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in Maryland is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Buick Regal in Baltimore, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Buick at an extremely high rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Auto insurance can be pricey, but there could be available discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Baltimore Homeowners Discount - Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Military Rewards - Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- College Student Discount - Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Government Employee Discount - Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Baltimore auto insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Driver Safety - Completing a course teaching defensive driver skills may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Mature Driver Discount - Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Student Driver Training - It's a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver's ed class if it's offered in school.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Baltimore auto insurance quote.
- Drive Less and Save - Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn slightly better prices than normal.
Keep in mind that some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, you're out of luck. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce the premium cost.
A few companies that may offer policyholders most of these discounts are:
Before buying, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not apply everywhere.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Baltimore auto insurance agent
Many people would rather sit down and talk to an agent. Professional agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. A good thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find lower prices but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is definitely important in Baltimore.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Baltimore who will give you quotes for your business. You never need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to your email. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Baltimore for you
When finding a local Baltimore insurance agency, you should know the different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agencies may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can provide auto insurance policies, but it's important to know the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent. When comparing auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following are Baltimore independent agents who may provide free rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Rodgers Insurance Agency Inc
6800 Holabird Ave a - Baltimore, MD 21222 - (410) 282-1379 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are Baltimore exclusive agents that can give you rate quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Bennett-Carll Insurance Agency
7435 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd - Glen Burnie, MD 21061 - (410) 760-6651 - View Map
Valerie Cherry - State Farm Insurance Agent
6800 York Road - Baltimore, MD 21212 - (410) 435-6600 - View Map
Selecting an insurance agency requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
Once you have received reasonable responses for all questions you ask and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that is a good match to properly service your auto insurance policy. Just keep in mind you can always cancel your policy whenever you want so never assume that you are obligated to any specific company for any length of time.
Don't give up on cheaper rates
In this article, we covered many ways to reduce Buick Regal insurance auto insurance rates online in Baltimore. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. They may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
When getting Baltimore auto insurance quotes online, make sure you don't buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below: