Paying low cost premium rates for Ford F-150 insurance in Baltimore could be a challenge for people who are new to quoting and comparing prices online. With literally dozens of online companies available, it can easily turn into a lot of work to find the lowest price on Ford F-150 insurance.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $1,494, Baltimore drivers could save themselves roughly 55% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don't grasp how much savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Car insurance providers offering competitive prices in Maryland
The companies shown below provide quotes in Maryland. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$234||$338||$382||$22||$114||$1,090||$91|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$296||$508||$414||$24||$124||$1,366||$114|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$214||$370||$390||$24||$116||$1,114||$93|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$236||$426||$458||$28||$138||$1,286||$107|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$298||$596||$492||$30||$148||$1,564||$130|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$270||$448||$458||$28||$138||$1,342||$112|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$318||$478||$418||$24||$126||$1,364||$114|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$270||$426||$426||$26||$128||$1,276||$106|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$302||$492||$528||$32||$158||$1,512||$126|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$270||$430||$382||$22||$114||$1,218||$102|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$388||$638||$548||$32||$164||$1,770||$148|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$166||$282||$458||$28||$138||$1,072||$89|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$398||$518||$532||$32||$160||$1,640||$137|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$394||$518||$406||$24||$122||$1,464||$122|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$304||$426||$458||$28||$138||$1,354||$113|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$248||$360||$458||$28||$138||$1,232||$103|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$322||$486||$418||$24||$126||$1,376||$115|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$348||$608||$492||$30||$148||$1,626||$136|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$288||$426||$406||$24||$122||$1,266||$106|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$394||$650||$548||$32||$164||$1,788||$149|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$394||$650||$548||$32||$164||$1,788||$149|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$382||$618||$414||$24||$124||$1,562||$130|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$328||$426||$532||$32||$160||$1,478||$123|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$340||$618||$458||$28||$138||$1,582||$132|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$280||$418||$414||$24||$124||$1,260||$105|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$248||$492||$458||$28||$138||$1,364||$114|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$304||$642||$458||$28||$138||$1,570||$131|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$262||$462||$418||$24||$126||$1,292||$108|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$276||$518||$458||$28||$138||$1,418||$118|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$234||$442||$528||$32||$158||$1,394||$116|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$210||$404||$458||$28||$138||$1,238||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can change coverage prices greatly.
Liability only or full coverage
The example below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-150 car insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop full coverage
There is no set rule of when to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's pretend your Ford F-150 book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $6,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $600 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Poor driving habits will raise your auto insurance rates
The chart below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions impact Ford F-150 insurance costs for different insured age categories. The data assumes a married female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Cheaper rates with these discounts on Ford F-150 insurance in Baltimore
Companies that sell car insurance don't always list their entire list of discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below contains both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Baltimore car insurance online. If you don't get every credit possible, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Claim Free - Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Professional Organizations - Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations can get you a small discount on your bill.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your car insurance provider.
- Paperwork-free - Certain companies provide a small discount simply for signing on the internet.
- Seat Belt Usage - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Have your child take driver's ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include bundle discounts, mature driver, good student, alternative fuel, and pay in full.
- State Farm discounts include driver's education, passive restraint, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, and multiple policy.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for newly retired, multi-car, exclusive group savings, multi-policy, new move discount, and safety features.
- MetLife has discounts for accident-free, good student, multi-policy, defensive driver, good driver, and claim-free.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, and homeowner.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not apply in Baltimore. For a list of providers who offer car insurance discounts in Maryland, click here to view.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Prices
Many things are considered when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that come into play when calculating insurance rates. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better insurance rates.
The following are some of the factors insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Tickets hurt - A bad driving record influences premium rates substantially. Attentive drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Having just one driving citation can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Drivers who have gotten flagrant violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state's licensing department in order to keep their license.
- Teen drivers are expensive to insure - Drivers with little experience are statistically proven to get distracted easily behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher. Older people are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and get fewer tickets.
- Liability protection - Your insurance policy's liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Do men or women drive better? - Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. However, don't assume that males are worse at driving than females. They both cause fender benders at a similar rate, but the men tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Young men ages 16 to 20 tend to get in the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
- Insurance rates in urban areas - Choosing to live in less populated areas has it's advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. Less people means fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims
- Getting married is a bonus - Walking down the aisle actually saves money when shopping for insurance. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Loss statistics for a Ford F-150 - Insurance companies use data from past claims when they calculate premium prices for each model. Models that the statistics show to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for coverage.
The next table illustrates the insurance loss data for Ford F-150 vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probablilty for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Ford F-150 Models
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD 67 110 39 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD 42 93 72 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD 75 76 101 56 57 76
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent, there really isn't a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Maryland?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Compare rates but buy from a local neighborhood Baltimore car insurance agent
Some people just want to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is that you can find better rates and also buy local. And supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Baltimore.
By using this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to agents in your area who will give you bids for your business. You won't even need to drive around because prices are sent instantly to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you need to find a good Baltimore insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents to choose from. Agents in Baltimore are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you need to compare quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Many can place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which could offer lower prices.
The following are Baltimore independent agencies that may be able to give free rate quotes.
- Senate Select Insurance
5417 Reisterstown Rd - Baltimore, MD 21215 - (410) 358-0411 - View Map
- Upper Chesapeake Insurance Agency Inc
900 S Charles St - Baltimore, MD 21230 - (410) 385-0455 - View Map
- Luray Insurance of Baltimore
1726 Reisterstown Rd #220 - Baltimore, MD 21208 - (410) 602-2636 - View Map
Agents of this type can only write with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers sometimes choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Listed below are Baltimore exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance Agency: Abernathy Michael
7696 Belair Rd - Baltimore, MD 21236 - (410) 426-5500 - View Map
- Cyndi Kuhn - State Farm Insurance Agent
6100 Eastern Ave - Baltimore, MD 21224 - (410) 633-5000 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Charles Connolly
6719 York Rd - Baltimore, MD 21212 - (443) 863-7733 - View Map
Selecting a car insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
After you get good answers for all questions you ask as well as a price you're happy with, you've probably found an insurance agency that meets your needs to adequately provide insurance.
Persistence pays off
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, being labeled a high risk driver, questionable increases in premium or lack of trust in their agent. It doesn't matter why you want to switch switching car insurance companies is easier than you think.
When getting Baltimore car insurance quotes online, it's not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed full coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Lower-priced car insurance in Baltimore is available from both online companies and from local agencies, so you need to quote Baltimore car insurance with both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide price quotes online and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
To read more, link through to the following helpful articles: