Would you prefer to buy low-cost Chevy Silverado insurance in Baltimore? Did a good deal turn out to be high-priced Chevy Silverado insurance in Baltimore? Don't feel bad because there are many Baltimore consumers feeling the pinch from expensive auto insurance.
It's shocking but a large majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Baltimore insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they feel it's too difficult to compare rates and save money. Many auto insurance companies vie for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates to get the best rate on Chevy Silverado insurance in Baltimore.
Smart consumers take time to get comparison quotes periodically since rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best rate on Chevy Silverado insurance in Baltimore six months ago a different company probably has better prices today. You'll find a ton of advice on Silverado insurance online, but we're going to give you a bunch of ideas how to buy auto insurance cheaper in Baltimore.
Many insurance companies allow you to get price estimates directly from their websites. Doing online quotes for Chevy Silverado insurance in Baltimore is pretty easy as you just enter your coverage information into the quote form. After you submit the form the system obtains your credit score and driving record and generates a price determined by many factors. Being able to quote online for Chevy Silverado insurance in Baltimore makes it simple to compare prices and it is important to compare as many rates as possible in order to find the lowest payment possible.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend that you enter the coverage information as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you will have rate quotes using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Baltimore, MD. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$146||$282||$518||$30||$156||$1,132||$94|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$214||$370||$390||$24||$116||$1,114||$93|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$304||$518||$468||$28||$140||$1,458||$122|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$290||$426||$602||$36||$180||$1,534||$128|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$348||$650||$548||$32||$164||$1,742||$145|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$286||$486||$418||$24||$126||$1,340||$112|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$302||$598||$596||$36||$178||$1,710||$143|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$272||$536||$440||$26||$132||$1,406||$117|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$344||$610||$414||$24||$124||$1,516||$126|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$322||$574||$472||$28||$142||$1,538||$128|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$358||$684||$418||$24||$126||$1,610||$134|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$340||$728||$482||$28||$144||$1,722||$144|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$188||$384||$482||$28||$144||$1,226||$102|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$224||$428||$390||$24||$116||$1,182||$99|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$340||$766||$518||$30||$156||$1,810||$151|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$322||$574||$418||$24||$126||$1,464||$122|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$450||$856||$532||$32||$160||$2,030||$169|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$320||$578||$406||$24||$122||$1,450||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in specific zip code location which can increase or decrease insurance rates greatly.
Drive safe and save
The illustration below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault fender-benders increase Chevrolet Silverado premium costs for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Chevy Silverado insurance discounts in Baltimore
Some providers don't always advertise their entire list of discounts very well, so here is a list some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous insurance savings.
- Discount for Good Grades - Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a Baltimore car insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Baltimore car insurance quote.
- Save over 55 - If you're over the age of 55, you could receive better insurance rates.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Factory options such as air bags may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking a defensive driving course could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
Remember that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. Any amount of discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
Some of the insurance companies who might offer most of these discounts possibly include:
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Savings might not be available to policyholders in every state.
Local Baltimore auto insurance agents and insurance
Many people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this short form, the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- How are they compensated?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- What companies can they write with?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- How long has the business existed?
What type of Baltimore auto insurance agent is right for you?
If you are wanting to find a local Baltimore insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents to choose from. Insurance agents in Baltimore are classified as either independent or exclusive. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it's a good idea to understand how they differ because it can influence which type of agent you select.
These type of agents can only write with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are highly trained on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Baltimore that are able to give price quote information.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to do anything.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to compare prices from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Baltimore that can give you price quotes.
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Chevy Silverado Insurance
Lots of things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although some other factors are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are. An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower premium levels.
The following are some of the major factors used by companies to determine prices.
- Low physical damage deductibles can be expensive - Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Chevy. Examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, damage from fire, and rolling your vehicle. Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more expense you have to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Higher prices for specific vocations - Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations such as fire fighters, social workers and financial analysts have higher rates than the rest of us due to intense work situations and long work hours. Conversely, professions such as actors, historians and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Where you call home can influence rates - Being located in less populated areas is a positive aspect when buying insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers who live in large Maryland cities regularly have more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. More time commuting can result in more accidents.
- Policy add-ons can waste money - There are many extra coverages you can purchase when buying insurance. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, towing coverage, and extra equipment coverage are some examples. The coverages may be enticing at first, but if you've never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure - Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. These vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you.
- Premiums drop with age - Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.Drivers with little experience are known to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- Get hitched and pay less - Having a wife or husband can get you a discount compared to being single. Having a spouse may mean you are more responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Better drivers have lower rates - Having a single speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have careless violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may need to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Chevy Silverado claim probability - Auto insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that tend to have high amounts or severity of claims will have a higher premium rate. The table shown below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Chevy Silverado vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Chevrolet Silverado Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2WD 76 118 85 78 69 125 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD 60 76 72 54 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 2WD 89 103 131 77 70 94 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4WD 96 105 116 57 57 87 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 2WD 90 126 100 88 85 117 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4WD 84 98 89 60 60 88 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 2WD 60 65 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4WD 66 97 66 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 2WD 76 127 65 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4WD 88 114 97 45 42 82 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 2WD 80 54 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 4WD 79 105 83 37 43 75 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4WD 65 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab 4WD 98 127 108 54 39 76 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Ext Cab 4WD 129 127
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Silverado in Baltimore, buying car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Silverado, it's guaranteed your bank will require you to carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Don't give up on cheap premiums
Cost effective Chevy Silverado insurance can be found online and also from your neighborhood Baltimore agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
You just learned a lot of information how to shop for Chevy Silverado insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Baltimore car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
More information can be read at these links: