Did you make the mistake of buying an overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you many Baltimore consumers feel financially strained by their car insurance policy.
Inconceivable but true, a large majority of drivers in Maryland have bought car insurance from the same company for at least four years, and almost half have never shopped around. Many drivers in the United States could save up to 47% every year, but they just don't understand the amount of money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company. You have multiple auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, having more auto insurance companies makes it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
Smart consumers take time to compare premium rates quite often since insurance prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest quotes on car insurance on your last policy a different company probably has better rates today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we're going to show you the fastest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Locating the best rates in Baltimore can initially seem challenging. If you have a policy now or just want a better rate, use these techniques to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. Comparison shoppers only need an understanding of the fastest way to find the lowest price using one simple form.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don't always advertise all available discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we researched a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Theft Deterent Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Baltimore auto insurance quote.
- Onboard Data Collection - Drivers that enable driving data submission to study driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Use Seat Belts - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with one insurance company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Employee of Federal Government - Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction with some auto insurance companies.
- Save with a New Car - Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver's ed class in high school.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Baltimore auto insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Student in College - College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Baltimore and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don't profit that way. But any discount will lower your policy premium.
To choose auto insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Maryland, click here to view.
Most of the larger companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow consumers to get insurance quotes on the web. Getting quotes is very simple as all you need to do is type in your required coverages on the page. Once entered, their quoting system gets information on your driving record and credit history and quotes a price determined by many factors. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it's absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to find the cheapest price.
To save time and get comparison pricing now, check out the car insurance providers below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with your coverages just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will have rate quotes for similar coverage.
The companies in the list below offer comparison quotes in Baltimore, MD. If multiple providers are shown, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Are insurance agencies used anymore?
A small number of people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Insurance agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to agents in your area that can give you free Baltimore auto insurance quotes to get your business. There is no need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to you. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an provider requires you to look at more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Maryland?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
Listed below is a list of insurers in Baltimore that may be willing to give comparison quotes.
If you feel you receive reasonable responses to any questions you have and an affordable coverage quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance company that is reputable and can adequately provide auto insurance. Just remember you are entitled to terminate your policy at any point so never assume that you are obligated to the auto insurance policy for the full term.
Cheaper auto insurance is out there
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheap auto insurance in Baltimore can be found from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not have the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)