Expensive auto insurance in Baltimore can deplete your funds and put a big crunch on your finances.
Shockingly, most auto insurance policyholders in Maryland have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Many consumers in America could save about $860 a year just by comparing rates, but they just don't understand how easy it is to compare rates.
Multiple insurance companies compete for your business, so it's not easy to compare every insurance company and get the definite cheapest price on Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Baltimore.
Four Things That Affect Your Insurance Costs
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are more obscure such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
More people means more accidents - Having an address in a small town has it's advantages when talking about insurance. City drivers have much more traffic and much longer commute distances. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to fewer liability claims.
Gaps in coverage mean higher prices - Driving without insurance can get your license suspended and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance coverage expire. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in fines or a revoked license.
Driving citations mean higher rates - Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to bad drivers. Just one speeding ticket can increase the cost of insurance to the point where it's not affordable. People who have flagrant violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find that they have to to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Liability insurance is cheap - Your insurance policy's liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. Your policy's liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Insurance losses for a Land Rover Range Rover - Companies analyze the history of losses in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that the data determines to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for coverage. The next table shows the historical loss data for Land Rover Range Rover vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is a value of 100. Percentages below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Land Rover Range Rover Models
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 2dr 4WD||159|
|Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 4dr 4WD||143||139||127||75||73||120|
|Land Rover Range Rover 4dr 4WD||169||116||332||34||104|
|Land Rover Range Rover 4dr LWB 4WD||223||397|
|Land Rover Range Rover Sport 4dr 4WD||166||103||252||47||46||88|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Just keep in mind that getting more free quotes will increase your chances of finding a lower rate than you're paying now.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Maryland. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Do drivers who switch really save?
Popular car insurance providers such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive seem to constantly run ads in print and on television. All the ads make the point that people will save just by moving your car insurance coverage to their company. How does every company say the same thing? Here is the trick they use.
Different companies give the cheapest rates for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For instance, this type of driver could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 45, has other policies, and does not commute to work. Any new insured that meets those criteria will get the preferred auto insurance rates in Baltimore and will probably save when they switch companies.
People who may not quite match these criteria must pay a higher rate and this can result in business going elsewhere. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say "people who switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that kind of money. That's the way insurance companies can claim big savings.
That is why you need to compare as many free Baltimore car insurance quotes as you can. Because you cannot predict which car insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
Three reasons insurance is important
Despite the high insurance cost for a Land Rover Range Rover in Baltimore, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Maryland and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Land Rover Range Rover with a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will force you to have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Land Rover for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Land Rover Range Rover but also your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. But the average driver in Maryland is overpaying over $800 each year so compare quotes from several companies every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Baltimore
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Good Student Discount - Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Safe Driver Discount - Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Multi-line Discount - Select companies reward you with a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Defensive Driver - Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - It's a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver's education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
We need to note that some credits don't apply the the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you're out of luck. But any discount should help reduce your overall bill.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for driver training, air bags, student driver, defensive driver, early bird, and homeowners.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, passive restraint, good student, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide may include discounts for accident-free, defensive driving, anti-theft, easy pay, good student, and business or organization.
- Esurance offers discounts for multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, safety device, and online quote.
- The Hartford has savings for anti-theft, driver training, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and defensive driver.
If you need affordable Land Rover Range Rover insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not be offered in Baltimore. To find providers with discount rates in Maryland, click this link.
Local agents and car insurance
Some consumers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but also keep your business local. Buying from local insurance agents is important particularly in Baltimore.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Baltimore that give free quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork because prices are sent to you instantly. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
The following is a short list of car insurance companies in Baltimore that may be willing to give price quote information for Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Baltimore.
Picking an insurance company should depend on more than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
In the end, you can save money
When searching for low cost Baltimore car insurance quotes, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to regret they didn't have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We've covered quite a bit of information on how to compare Land Rover Range Rover insurance rates in Baltimore. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting affordable Baltimore car insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Even more information can be read at these sites: