Are you looking for a better way to compare low-cost GMC Sierra insurance in Baltimore? Finding cheap premium rates for GMC Sierra insurance in Baltimore may be kind of frustrating for beginners to quoting coverage prices online. Drivers have so many options that it can be a challenge to find better prices on GMC Sierra insurance.
It's hard to fathom, but most consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Drivers in Maryland can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they won't spend time to compare rates.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using the tips covered below. Obtaining price quotes for the lowest-priced coverage in Baltimore is not as time-consuming as you think. But Maryland vehicle owners do need to understand how companies market insurance on the web and use it to your advantage.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for GMC Sierra insurance in Baltimore
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but there are discounts available to reduce the price significantly. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Life Insurance - Select insurance carriers reward you with lower premium rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - It's a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course if it's offered in school.
- Accident Waiver - Not a discount per se, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven't had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Multi-policy Discount - When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Claim-Free Discount - Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Driver Training Discounts - Successfully completing a defensive driver class is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Payment Discounts - If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Clubs and Organizations - Belonging to a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won't be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower your car insurance premiums.
Popular car insurance companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, and emergency military deployment.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including good student, student away at school, payment discounts, continuous insurance, new car, multi-car, and IntelliDrive.
- Nationwide offers discounts including defensive driving, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for bundle discounts, youthful driver, early shopping, pay in full, and multi-car.
- Esurance may have discounts that include claim free, good student, renters, homeowner, paid-in-full, multi-policy, and DriveSense.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple policy, multiple autos, passive restraint, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, good student, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for good driver, professional/association, ease of repair, anti-theft, accident-free, and multi-car.
When getting free Baltimore auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all the companies which discounts they offer. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Baltimore. If you would like to choose from a list of companies with the best discounts in Maryland, click here to view.
The quickest way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know almost all companies provide online access to quote your coverage. The one thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information such as the ages of drivers, if your license is active, your credit rating estimate, and your job. That rating data is then submitted to multiple companies and you get price estimates very quickly.
To check rates for your GMC Sierra now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in Maryland. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$318||$580||$418||$24||$126||$1,466||$122|
|Sierra SL Extended Cab 2WD||$216||$410||$548||$32||$164||$1,370||$114|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$358||$528||$532||$32||$160||$1,610||$134|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 2WD||$214||$450||$492||$30||$148||$1,334||$111|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$340||$766||$458||$28||$138||$1,730||$144|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$340||$728||$426||$26||$128||$1,648||$137|
|Sierra SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$288||$502||$406||$24||$122||$1,342||$112|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$304||$642||$458||$28||$138||$1,570||$131|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$188||$384||$458||$28||$138||$1,196||$100|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 4WD||$328||$502||$532||$32||$160||$1,554||$130|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$242||$482||$548||$32||$164||$1,468||$122|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$242||$482||$548||$32||$164||$1,468||$122|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$338||$710||$382||$22||$114||$1,566||$131|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 2WD||$308||$654||$528||$32||$158||$1,680||$140|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 4WD||$238||$518||$492||$30||$148||$1,426||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Maryland minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in Baltimore location which can modify premium rates considerably.
GMC Sierra insurance rates by gender
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of GMC Sierra insurance prices for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The information below demonstrates how deductibles and can increase or decrease GMC Sierra premium costs for different age groups. The premiums are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
How Your Sierra Insurance Prices are Determined
Multiple criteria are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like your driving record, but others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with lower rates.
What are your physical damage deductibles? - Physical damage coverage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your GMC. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and having your car stolen. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more expense you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Don't buy extra coverages you don't use - There are a ton of add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Sierra policy. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.
Amount of liability coverage - Your auto insurance policy's liability coverage will protect you when you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? - Most larger insurers give better rates to people who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates. You may still be able to save even more than the discount even if you insure with multiple companies
Insurance rates in urban areas - Being located in areas with lower population has it's advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers in populated areas regularly have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Loss probability for a GMC Sierra - Insurance companies use past insurance losses to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that tend to have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher premium rates. The data below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for GMC Sierra vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Values that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendancy to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for GMC Sierra Vehicles
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|GMC Sierra 1500 2WD||89||122||106|
|GMC Sierra 1500 4WD||97||86||79|
|GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 2WD||87||99||132||69||69||89|
|GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4WD||89||102||114||52||51||73|
|GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 2WD||98||109||96||70|
|GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4WD||78||85||89||65||56||94|
|GMC Sierra 2500 4WD||70||56|
|GMC Sierra 2500 Crew Cab 2WD||63||101|
|GMC Sierra 2500 Crew Cab 4WD||91||118||105||43||50||90|
|GMC Sierra 2500 Ext Cab 4WD||67||108||85||40|
|GMC Sierra 3500 Crew Cab 4WD||85||128||121||35|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don't assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
When quoting and comparing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions could help you determine if you could use an agent's help.
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Baltimore?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Am I covered by my employer's commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- What is the ISO rating for a GMC Sierra?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Auto insurance quotes from neighborhood Baltimore auto insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance data is emailed to participating agents in Baltimore who can give free rate quotes for your business. There is no reason to find an agent since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You'll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, feel free to visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- How long has their agency been open in Baltimore?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
What types of car insurance agents are in Baltimore?
When searching for a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agencies are considered either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company's prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They receive a lot of sales training on their company's products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years partially due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Baltimore willing to provide rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - Charles Connolly
6719 York Rd - Baltimore, MD 21212 - (443) 863-7733 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Donald White
733 W 40th St #311 - Baltimore, MD 21211 - (410) 467-9600 - View Map
- John C Bugg III - State Farm Insurance Agent
6711 Belair Rd - Baltimore, MD 21206 - (410) 661-4949 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with different regional companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below are Baltimore independent agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Baltimore Insurance Network
11 E Lexington St - Baltimore, MD 21202 - (443) 869-6424 - View Map
- Luray Insurance of Baltimore
1726 Reisterstown Rd #220 - Baltimore, MD 21208 - (410) 602-2636 - View Map
- Goad Insurance Agency
3229 Erdman Ave - Baltimore, MD 21213 - (410) 558-0396 - View Map
Why you need insurance for your GMC vehicle
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a GMC in Baltimore, maintaining insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Maryland these limits are 30/60/15 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your GMC Sierra, it's most likely the lender will require that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your GMC at a more expensive rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your GMC Sierra. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your GMC as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $750 every year so shop around every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Persistent drivers can save
You just learned some good ideas how you can shop for GMC Sierra insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from an unexpected company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don't be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
There are still a few companies who do not offer price quotes online and these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents. Cheap GMC Sierra insurance in Baltimore can be found both online as well as from independent agents in Baltimore, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
More information is available at the links below